Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My Epiphany of Life

At last, I have ascended. Hah! Even in the final moments among the many Below, they frowned upon me, they scorned my presence, they deemed me, ME, a traitor to the Below because I craved ascension. And now I’ve gained it, and they hate me for it! O, how their blood boils in its veins, how their mighty anger must blind their vision and play tricks on their minds! I, the traitor, have been invited to the place above you all! The ruthless tactics of a traitor have showed themselves useful this day. They never saw it coming. The sly word in to an Above, the tender misplacement of an important document, they never saw me plotting and planning behind it all! Not me!

But what’s this? Even as I gaze down at the tender, dull Below from my perch in the Above, I can hear a call, a call resounding throughout the Above causing my new equals to move, to work, work harder than my forgotten friends Below, harder even than I worked to ascend to this level! What makes them move thusly, as though the devil was behind them chasing them out of the depths of hell? Must I move this way?Yes, I feel it in my bones; I feel the call to which I must answer. How may I serve the call?

Yes, I see. It is the above of the above. It is the towering end of my journeys! The Top swallows us up; it uses our strength to its end. How may I serve you?! How may I become you? I understand now. The Below, it is nothing. To perch in the Above and glare at the below is suicide! The Top must be my goal. I will be a traitor to the Above. But I will be the Top in the end.

No comments: