Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My Boredom

I realized a couple of days ago that my post about being fortunate with money was me trying to give myself a pep talk. I'm bored. I was trying to convince myself of how good I have it so that I wouldn't do anything stupid. The last time I was this bored, things happened: my mom got pregnant and my parents got divorced. That tied me over for a few years, then I moved out on my own, then moved away to college. But now I'm in my second year at Grand Valley, my second year in the same apartment with the same roommate studying a lot of the same things. It's starting to get to me.

I like to remember that I always have the option of stopping right now and run off. Hannah and I actually discussed running away yesterday. We decided that we could take her $6,000 loan and buy plane tickets to Japan, find jobs teaching English, etc. Except that she doesn't have a passport. Silly Hannah.

I'm really glad that I'll be studying abroad next year, because if I'm this unhappy after staying here for two years, I can't imagine going for a third year.

No comments: