Monday, May 19, 2008

My Anticipation


My feelings about going to Japan vary from week to week. Last week I was estatic about running off and experiencing a new life somewhere so far away, but this week I completely dread it. Times like this I wonder what I was thinking when I decided that going so far away for so long would be a good idea. I know so little Japanese and I'm so inexperienced when it comes to cultural adaptation...how am I supposed to cope with being away from my family for so long?

So right now my entire decision doesn't make any sense. But I'm not really going to do anything about it because I know I'll probably feel differently about it next week. Sometimes I just can't wait to go, sometimes it seems too far away to consider, and sometimes I can't believe what an idiot I am. It's really annoying. How am I going to feel the day I leave?

No comments: