Monday, February 04, 2008

My Messed up Family

My dad sent me an e-mail over the weekend saying that my sister Michelle was upset because of a run-in with Joel, my mom's on again off again boyfriend. He told me to e-mail Michelle, so I knew it had to be bad. When she finally e-mailed me back today, she said that Joel had been, for some time, making lude comments to her when my mom wasn't home, things I would never even say. The fact that a grown man was saying these things to a teenager was pretty shocking. Then, on the day my dad had been talking about, she heard sounds coming from under the door to the bathroom while she was getting dressed, and she was afraid that he had been taking pictures of her. So she e-mailed a friend and made her pick her up and take her away for a few hours. She told my mom about it, but they decided that the weird sounds were probably just the cats, and my mom talked to Joel about not saying things like that to Michelle anymore.

Fuck that, I would have kicked him out so fast...this guy is an idiot, and he has already done enough wrong to my mom to warrant a restraining order (around a year ago), but she keeps allowing him to move into the house again and again. It's mostly for financial reasons, I think, but my mom is also lonely. Still, if he's coming onto my little sister now, there is no guarenteeing that he won't do it again, or worse. I can't believe my mom would allow him to stay in the house when there is any sign that he's been doing things like this; she leaves him alone for hours with two teenage girls and a five-year-old.

Ugh, I wish I had more control over the situation. I told Michelle in my return e-mail that she should keep complaining to mom about him and watch out for him. I also told her that she should move in with me, but that probably won't happen; I'm too far away and Michelle is too lazy. This sucks.

No comments: