Friday, December 05, 2008

I2 or J3

I think I've decided once and for all to drop out of Intensive Japanese. I feel like a coward for throwing in the towel, but it's just too much stress, too much pressure to keep up with the darn Korean kids...damn those Koreans...because I'll always be ten steps behind them and just doing well enough to be acceptable in class. I mean, I passed Intensive I with a B and even then I knew half the stuff we learned the first month and a half. Probably the only reason I really want to stay anyway is because of the other students. We were so close last semester and I would feel left out if I left them behind now.

So I'm going to switch into J3, which is only 6 credits instead of 12 meaning that I have to pick up two more classes: history and French. w00t. Well, Advanced French Writing (which I've already done at GVSU, just never with Japanese as the default language) and Modern Japanese History (with Eyrun, yay!) and hopefully after I get back into writing papers and speaking in English in class once in a while I'll feel better. Not that it will do a lot of good for my Japanese ability...but at least I'll have time to actually process the things that I'm learning in class.

I guess there's another reason why I wanted to stay in I2 but it doesn't matter anyway because...things never quite work out the way you plan anyway.

No comments: